Una casa familiar: cómoda, práctica, para toda la familia
Minis Maderat Vineyard Where: 15 miles east of Arad www.wineprincess.ro/?lng=en The vineyards of Arad stretch on the hills bordering the western part of the Zarand Mountains, between Lipova and Pancota. Star of the region is the vineyard of Minis. In 1862, at a wine contest in London, Rosu de Minis was awarded the biggest prize. More than a century before, the wines of Minis were exported to England, Sweden, the Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland and even America.
Arad is a city of impressive buildings and architecture, with many of the main sights located along the principal thoroughfare, the broad, tree-lined, Bulevardul Revolutiei with trams running along it. These include the impressive white City Hall Palace (1875), the Palace of Culture (1911-1916), the neo-gothic and secessionist-style Red Church (1906), the large, domed Roman Catholic Church (1902-1904) and the neo-classical State Theatre (1874). There are also some delightful examples of art nouveau, in particular along Strada Closca and around Piata Avram Iancu, such as Bohus Palace. There is also an extensive open air market in the older part of the town, west of Piata Avram Iancu, overshadowed by the tall towers of the baroque Orthodox Cathedral (1865) and nearby the old water tower (1896) being restored as a museum. At the corner with Strada Mihai Eminescu you will find the Secessionist Grozavescu Pharmacy (Farmacia Grozavescu) which has preserved its original interior. East of Piata Avram Iancu stands the Old Theatre (1817) where national poet Mihai Eminescu once worked. It became the Urania Cinema in 1903 but is now being restored as a theatre. Further south near Piatra Veche, lies the old Jewish quarter and a couple of synagogues. Beyond spans the Serbian quarter and the attractive Serbian Orthodox Church St. Petru & Pavel (1692-1702) which was rebuilt in a baroque style in 1790. The Arad Fortress (Cetatea Aradului), boasting a Vauban-style fortress with a six-pointed star shape, wasbuilt under the orders of Hapsburg empress Maria Theresa between 1763 and 1783.
ewish Heritage in Arad Arad - SynagogueJews settled in Arad in the early 18th century and by the first half of the 19th century, the town became a leading center of Reform Judaism under the guidance of Rabbi Aaron Chroin who officiated from 1789 to 1844. It was he who advocated a gradual process of changes in the ritual, the use of the German language during services, and even the introduction of organ music in the synagogue. Before World War II about 10,000 Jews lived here; the community survived the Holocaust and most of them moved to Israel. At the end of 1990s, the Jewish community in Arad was the second largest in the country (after the one on Bucharest). The town has two synagogues, both located in the picturesque old Jewish quarter with its characteristic low houses jammed tightly together amid quiet streets and squares. The Neolog rite (Reform) synagogue is part of the Jewish Community Center Jewish Community of Arad Address: Str. Tribunul Dobra 10 Tel. 0257 281.310 The Synagogue Address: Str. Dobra 10 (enter via Str. Cozia) Built between 1827 and 1834 in typical Moorish style, the large Jewish Orthodox synagogue has stained glass windows and beautiful bronze doors showing Jewish symbols, including the Menorahs. The door leads into the five-story synagogue, with a large cupola. The Torah ark resembles a neo-classical church altar, very typical of the period. An enormous organ, known to be one of the best in Europe, covers an entire wall.
Para organizar un intercambio de casa, debes ser miembro